Hi Iris,

updating. I would try:

set_current_vertex_set 3
UpdateLinkedVarGroup view
UpdateAndRedraw

if this doesn't work, tell us, and if you don't get a response in the next
day or so, can you repost in a week? We are flat out trying to prepare for
our upcoming course and also get 5.1 out the door. The tcl scripting is
confusing and could use serious

cheers,
Bruce

p.s. I am a bit confused about what you are trying to do though. Why do you
want only a patch of the pial surface? And not flattened I assume as I
don't even know what that would mean (it wouldn't be the pial surface
anymore).