Dear Tracula Users

I completed trac-all -prep -c without difficulty or errors. However, without
any changes to my director structure or my Tracula config file I am
receiving the following errors when running trac-all -bedp -c. I will copy
and past my config file contents below the error messages. Please advise.

trac-all -bedp -c
/media/5424CE1A24CDFECC/UofT/data/Tracula/tracula_config.txt -debug
INFO: SUBJECTS_DIR is /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects
INFO: Diffusion root is /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects
Actual FREESURFER_HOME /usr/local/freesurfer
ln -sf
/usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/C001/dlabel/diff/anat_brain_mask.bbr.nii.gz
/usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/C001/dmri/nodif_brain_mask.nii.gz
ln -sf /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/C001/dmri/dwi.nii.gz
/usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/C001/dmri/data.nii.gz
WARN: Running FSL's bedbost locally - this might take a while
WARN: It is recommended to run this step on a cluster
bedpostx_seychelles /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/C001/dmri
subjectdir is /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects/C001/dmri
Making bedpostx directory structure
Queuing preprocessing stages
[: 223: NONE: unexpected operator
[: 314: NONE: unexpected operator
[: 327: xbedpostx_pre: unexpected operator
[: 486: x: unexpected operator
[: 486: -le: argument expected
Queuing parallel processing stage
[: 223: NONE: unexpected operator
[: 327: xbedpostx: unexpected operator
[: 486: x53: unexpected operator
0 slices processed
Queuing post processing stage
[: 223: NONE: unexpected operator
[: 314: NONE: unexpected operator
[: 327: xbedpostx_post: unexpected operator
[: 486: x: unexpected operator
[: 486: -le: argument expected

CONFIG FILE CONTENTS:
#
# dmrirc.example
#
# This file contains commands that will be run by trac-all before an
analysis.
# It is used to set all parameters needed for the analysis.
#
# Remove a parameter from your dmrirc file if you want use the default
value.
# Parameters that don't have default values must be specified.
#
# Any other commands that you might want to run before an analysis can be
added
# to this file.
#
# Original Author: Anastasia Yendiki
# CVS Revision Info:
#    $Author: ayendiki $
#    $Date: 2011/05/24 06:47:12 $
#    $Revision: 1.3.2.3 $
#
# Copyright © 2011 The General Hospital Corporation (Boston, MA) "MGH"
#
# Terms and conditions for use, reproduction, distribution and contribution
# are found in the 'FreeSurfer Software License Agreement' contained
# in the file 'LICENSE' found in the FreeSurfer distribution, and here:
#
# https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FreeSurferSoftwareLicense
#
# Reporting: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
#
#

# FreeSurfer SUBJECTS_DIR
# T1 images and FreeSurfer segmentations are expected to be found here
#
setenv SUBJECTS_DIR /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects

# Output directory where trac-all results will be saved
# Default: Same as SUBJECTS_DIR
#
set dtroot = /usr/local/freesurfer/subjects

# Subject IDs
#
set subjlist = (C001 C002 C003 C004 C005 C006 C007 C008 C009 C010 C011 S001
S002 S003 S004 S005 S006 S007 S008 S009 S010 S011)

# In case you want to analyze only Huey and Louie
# Default: Run analysis on all subjects
#
set runlist = (1)
# 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11)
#12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22)

# Input diffusion DICOMs (file names relative to dcmroot)
# If original DICOMs don't exist, these can be in other image format
# but then bvecfile, bvalfile, and nb0 must be specified (see below)
#
set dcmroot = /media/5424CE1A24CDFECC/UofT/data/Tracula
set dcmlist = (C001_merged.nii.gz \ C002_merged.nii.gz \ C003_merged.nii.gz
C004_merged.nii.gz \ C005_merged.nii.gz \ C006_merged.nii.gz \
C007_merged.nii.gz \ C008_merged.nii.gz \ C009_merged.nii.gz \
C010_merged.nii.gz \ C011_merged.nii.gz \ S001_merged.nii.gz \
S002_merged.nii.gz \ S003_merged.nii.gz \ S004_merged.nii.gz \
S005_merged.nii.gz \ S006_merged.nii.gz \ S007_merged.nii.gz \
S008_merged.nii.gz \ S009_merged.nii.gz \ S010_merged.nii.gz \
S011_merged.nii.gz)

# Diffusion gradient table
# Must be specified if inputs are not MGH DICOMs
# Three-column format, one row for each volume in the diffusion data set
# Default: Read from DICOM header
#
set bvecfile = /media/5424CE1A24CDFECC/UofT/data/Tracula/bvecs.txt

# Diffusion b-value table
# Must be specified if inputs are not MGH DICOMs
# Single-column format, one value for each volume in the diffusion data set
# Default: Read from DICOM header
#
set bvalfile = /media/5424CE1A24CDFECC/UofT/data/Tracula/bvals.txt

# Number of low-b images
# Must be specified if inputs are not DICOM
# Default: Read from DICOM header
#
set nb0 = 2

# Perform registration-based B0-inhomogeneity compensation?
# Default: 0 (no)
#
set dob0 = 0

# Input B0 field map magnitude DICOMs (file names relative to dcmroot)
# Only used if dob0 = 1
# Default: None
#
# set b0mlist = (huey/fmag/XXX-1.dcm dewey/fmag/XXX-1.dcm
louie/fmag/XXX-1.dcm)

# Input B0 field map phase DICOMs (file names relative to dcmroot)
# Only used if dob0 = 1
# Default: None
#
# set b0plist = (huey/fphas/XXX-1.dcm dewey/fphas/XXX-1.dcm
louie/fphas/XXX-1.dcm)

# Echo spacing for field mapping sequence (from sequence printout)
# Only used if dob0 = 1
# Default: None
#
# set echospacing = 0.7

# Perform registration-based eddy-current compensation?
# Default: 1 (yes)
#
set doeddy = 1

# Rotate diffusion gradient vectors to match eddy-current compensation?
# Only used if doeddy = 1
# Default: 1 (yes)
#
set dorotbvecs = 1

# Fractional intensity threshold for BET mask extraction from low-b images
# This mask is used only if usemaskanat = 0
# Default: 0.3
#
set thrbet = 0.3

# Perform diffusion-to-T1 registration by flirt?
# Default: 1 (yes)
#
set doregflt = 0

# Perform diffusion-to-T1 registration by bbregister?
# Default: 0 (no)
#
set doregbbr = 1

# MNI template (the only option for inter-subject registration in this
version)
# Default: $FSLDIR/data/standard/MNI152_T1_1mm_brain.nii.gz
#
set mnitemp = /usr/share/fsl/4.1/data/standard/MNI152_T1_1mm_brain.nii.gz

# Use brain mask extracted from T1 image instead of low-b diffusion image?
# Has no effect if there is no T1 data
# Default: 1 (yes)
#
set usemaskanat = 1

# Paths to reconstruct
# Default: All paths in the atlas
#
set pathlist = ( lh.cst_AS rh.cst_AS \
                 lh.unc_AS rh.unc_AS \
                 lh.ilf_AS rh.ilf_AS \
                 fmajor_PP fminor_PP \
                 lh.atr_PP rh.atr_PP \
                 lh.ccg_PP rh.ccg_PP \
                 lh.cab_PP rh.cab_PP \
                 lh.slfp_PP rh.slfp_PP \
                 lh.slft_PP rh.slft_PP )

# Number of path control points
# Default: 5
#
set ncpts = 5

# List of training subjects
# This text file lists the locations of training subject directories
# Default: $FREESURFER_HOME/trctrain/trainlist.txt
#
set trainfile = $FREESURFER_HOME/trctrain/trainlist.txt

# Use long (more descriptive) directory hierarchy for saving path
distributions?
# By default, paths distributions are saved directly under
$subjectname/dpath
# Default: 0 (no)
#
set dopathsubdirs = 0

# Number of MCMC burn-in iterations
# (Path samples drawn initially by MCMC algorithm and discarded)
# Default: 200
#
set nburnin = 200

# Number of MCMC iterations
# (Path samples drawn by MCMC algorithm and used to estimate path
distribution)
# Default: 5000
#
set nsample = 5000

# Frequency with which MCMC path samples are retained for path distribution
# Default: 5 (keep every 5th sample)
#
set nkeep = 5

Deryk S. Beal, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, S-LP(C), Reg. CASLPO
Speech-Language Pathologist
C.I.H.R. Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Department of Cognitive and Neural Systems Speech Laboratory
Boston University, 677 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02215
dsb...@bu.edu
http://blogs.bu.edu/dsbeal/about/
This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other
information expressed or contained in this email are not given or endorsed
by the sender unless otherwise affirmed independently by the sender.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Deryk S. Beal, Ph.D. <dsb...@bu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Anastasia
>
> If I have T1 data available in my FS subject directory and I have
>
> Use brain mask extracted from T1 image instead of low-b diffusion image?
> # Has no effect if there is no T1 data
> # Default: 1 (yes)
> #
> set usemaskanat = 1
>
> then will the B0 brain mask we spoke of below be used?
>
> Deryk
>

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Anastasia Yendiki <
> ayend...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:
>

>> Hi Deryk - This variable is only used to average lowb images to create a
>> mask, so in your case you can set it to 2 and it'll just use the first 2
>> volumes from your nii file. Sorry for the confusion!
>>
>> a.y
>>

>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Deryk S. Beal, Ph.D. wrote:
>>
>>  Dear Tracula Users
>>>
>>> Does Tracula assume that the number of B0 scans, specified in Step 7.3 of
>>> the config file tutorial (below), are the first X number of volumes in
>>> the
>>> 4Dnii.gz file or will the Tracula routines know from the bvals file where
>>> the B0 scans are ordered in the file? For example, I have two runs of 16
>>> directions + 2 B0s each for each of my subjects. I have merged the two
>>> runs
>>> together and the resulting file has the volumes ordered such that the
>>> bvals
>>> are entered into Tracula as follows:
>>>
>>> 0
>>> 0