Hi John,
We do have a set of QA scripts which were created to check the version of
FS used, the order of the output files, the order of all the steps in FS,
take several snapshots, and then create a summary log file and an html
file to view the snapshots.  The scripts have been neglected for some
time, but recently I've been updating them and weeding out a couple bugs
left over.

Here is the wiki page for the scripts:
http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/QATools

I'll send out an announcement when an updated and debugged version of the
scripts has been posted.  Should be relatively soon.
-Louis