I thought the default was p10, so I just used that to try again, however
I'm still getting that error with no extra info in the log. what is the
name of the queue, maybe that is my problem:

command:

pbsubmit -q p10 -l nodes=1:opteron -m chinsel -c 'recon-all -s RMAUT021
-all -i
/cluster/archive/292/siemens/TrioTim-35006-20110508-105030-353000/353000-000004-000001.dcm
-mail chin...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu -force'

output:

Opening pbsjob_4
qsub -V -S /bin/sh  -m abe -M chinsel -q p10  -l nodes=1:opteron -r n
/pbs/chinsel/pbsjob_4
qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes
FATAL: qsub call failed. Check above for error messages.
[1]  + Done                          gedit pbsjob_3