Hi Dr. Fischl,

Thanks for your comments.  The aim of my study is to analyze the brain
volume in AD subjects.  Most of the study was scanned on the 1.5T
(single-channel head coil) with a few subjects rescanned on the 3T
(12-channel head coil), so we would like to compare the brain volume of the
same subject on both scanners.  In addition, the protocols on the two
scanners didn't match exactly due to the limitations of our over
15-years-old 1.5T scanner (i.e. non-isotropic voxel size).  From your
comment, I gather that the 1.5T data is rather imprecise/unreliable.  Since
I'm a summer student, do you recommend that I should concentrate on
analyzing the 3T data only, and hopefully all of the subjects can be
rescanned on the 3T?  Thanks!

Jessica Liu