Hi Ruthger, you won't get the exact number because the aseg.stats file is computed with partial volume correction.
doug

On 6/29/11 9:14 AM, Bruce Fischl wrote:
Hi Ruthger

I'll leave 1 for Nick or Doug. As for 2, the easiest thing to do is the put your lesion mask directly into the aseg.mgz and rerun the segstats. You can find the appropriate label in FreeSurferColorLUT.txt and just replace the voxels values in aseg.mgz that correspond to your mask with the lesion value.