From: R Edgar [mailto:freesurfer....@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 12:36 PM
To: Leo Souza
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] How to run a benchmark on GPU with FreeSufer?

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Leo Souza <lso...@nvidia.com> wrote:

> I want to verify what's the performance of different GPUs using FreeSurfer as
> Benchmark App.

In that case, the two best programs to run are
mri_em_register[_cuda] for linear registration
mri_ca_register[_cuda] for nonlinear registration
You should know that Freesurfer quite likes the Nehalem memory
hardware, whether in CPU or GPU mode. Also, mri_em_register_cuda has
an additional pair of 'fast' options which cut the runtime even more
(look at the top of the source file), but will sometimes give a
different registration to the CPU version.

Richard
contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by