Hi All, I would like to recall my earlier email below. I am new to
freesurfer so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brainiac . <brainia...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 3:55 PM
Subject: WM Parcellation - lobe mapping
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu

Hi All,

I need to classify WM into different lobes (temporal, parietal, frontal,
occipital). I tried to do the lobe mapping using parcellations from
wmparc.mgz. http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/CorticalParcellation

My problem is the "unsegmented white matter" in wmparc.mgz. My understanding
is that these unsegmented areas are classified so because they are beyond
5mm from any pre-classified cortex area.

My questions:
(1) So in order to classify "unsegmented WM" into lobes, do I need to take
each voxel in the unsegmented WM region and then assign it to the closest
cortex area to classify it into respective parcellations. Then re-group into
lobes. Is this correct?

(2) Are there any tailor made function or any other easier way to do this?
Is there any easier way to segment WM into lobes directly that I have
missed?

Thanks,
Brain