Hello Bruce,

Thank you very much for this.  It led me exactly to where I needed to look.
 In regards to this specific subject, it ran through reconstruction with a
bad skullstrip but accurate surfaces.  We then fixed the skullstrip and
reran autorecon 2 & 3, but then the bad surfaces appeared.  Today, when I
reran mri_em_register (from fs5.0.0) on the fixed skullstrip, I got the
talairach.lta file that was way, way off.  However, when I use the fs 5.1.0
mri_em_register, I get a talairach.lta that is almost identical to yours.
 The talairach.lta file seemed to be way off for the rest of these subjects
as well.  Not sure if anyone else is having problems with the
mri_em_register between 5.0.0 and 5.1.0.  We will reprocess these in 5.1.0
and hopefully that will fix it.

Thank you again for taking a look!
Jeff