It will be more involved than that. You will need to create an
annotation that contains your label (maybe in addition to other labels),
then uses mri_aparc2aseg with the --labelwm option, something like

mri_aparc2aseg --s subject-anat --labelwm --hypo-as-wm --rip-unknown
--volmask --o mri/wmparc.mgz --ctxseg aparc+aseg.mgz --annot yourannot

doug

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center