Anastasia,

Rerunning with the reinit = 1 option worked great. One last question. If I
want to compare tracts across subjects, should I rerun every subject with
the reinitialization, or is it ok to only rerun the subjects/tracts that
need it? Thanks for all you help.

-Tyler

> Thanks, Tyler. It looks like the initial pathway is problematic in that it
> goes off the white matter (look at the "Reject due to" lines in the log
> for exact voxel coords where this happens).
>
> This could mean that the subject is not well aligned to the atlas in that
> area, or that you just got unlucky. If it's the latter, you can try "set
> reinit = 1" in your dmrirc and rerun that pathway and see if you get a
> better result with the new initialiation.
>
> Let me know if this makes sense.
>
> a.y
>
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2011, bla...@artsci.wustl.edu wrote:
>
>> Hi Anastasia,
>>
>> Attached is the log.txt produced by dmri_paths for the failed tract. I
>> also have included the output of the terminal command in case that
>> helps.
>> Thanks again for all of your help.
>>
>> - Tyler
>>

>>> Hi Tyler - In general this means that for some reason the pathway
>>> doesn't
>>> move at all from the location where it's initialized when the algorithm
>>> is
>>> run. There are a few different reasons why that'd happen, the mask