Would be hard for us to diagnose if we can't replicate the issue. Is
there any core dump file or some kind of log file that may provide any
hint? From what you described, it seems freeview crashes right when it
is about to render the loaded image. that's about as far as I can guess
now. Is that computer the only one you can run freeview on? Can you try
on a different system?

Ruopeng