Actually, you are right! Most of the non-gray matter structures in the
medial wall are zeroed out, but the part that goes through the hippo and
amygdala are non-zero. As Mike points out, this is going to be a very
small portion of the total cortical volume, but we'll find a way to
remove it.
doug

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center