Hi Oliver,

You're right: internally we're upsampling the images to 0.5mm
isotropic resolution, so if you had acquired 0.5mm isotropic images
from the start, that would actually be much better (provided you don't
simply trade off SNR for increased image matrix size). The catch with
this is that the scripts I put in FreeSurfer will only work out of the
box on FreeSurfer-reformatted 1mm resolution, so you'd need to tweak
things a bit to get it working.

Hope this helps,

Koen