Hi Tyler and others using the inter-hemispheric analysis. I have made
some modifications to this method since I last released it in Aug. I
found a slight bug in the process which I have fixed. I've also created
cached tables for multiple comparisons correction. The instructions for
installing are below. I doubt that the fix mentioned above will change
your results much. However, if you want to use the tables, you will
should to re-run everything.

Make sure to install ALL of the files below. DO NOT do a partial
installation. Note that there is a new average subject. Make sure to
delete the old one.

doug

Download these files
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/surfreg
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/xhemireg
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/mris_preproc
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/fsaverage_sym.tar.gz
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/fsaverage_sym.mcc.tar.gz
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/mri_convert.linux

Copy surfreg, xhemireg, mris_preproc into $FREESURFER_HOME/bin
Copy mri_convert.linux into $FREESURFER_HOME/bin/mri_convert

# Untar fsaverage_sym.tar.gz into your $SUBJECTS_DIR
cd $SUBJECTS_DIR
tar xvfz fsaverage_sym.tar.gz

# Untar fsaverage_sym.mcc.tar.gz into
$FREESURFER_HOME/average/mult-comp-cor/
cd $FREESURFER_HOME/average/mult-comp-cor/
tar xvfz fsaverage_sym.mcc.tar.gz

Tyler Manning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am comparing asymmetries in fmri activation, and have been following
> your instructions as per
> https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail//freesurfer/2011-August/019869.html
> , but when it comes to the multiple correction with mri_glmfit-sim I
> get an error that the --subject-override command was not found. The
> version currently installed on the machine is 1.36.2.1 from 2011/03/28
> and I can't find a download for the newer version mentioned in the
> email above. Has one been uploaded?
>
> Many thanks,
> Tyler Manning

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.