Hello there,

I''ve tried a couple installations of FreeSurfer as listed on the website.
Though there seems to be a problem. Both linux tarballs seem to be designed for
centos4, though that version is not supported anymore, so downloading is a
pain, and accessing packages is out of the question.
The same thing I encountered for Xubuntu 9.04. Freesurfer works, though, but it
is (vritually) impossible to get information from a winfows network, because
nfs-common needs to be installed, and since Xubuntu 9.04 is not supported
anymore (a bit over a year now), I cannot install the packages needed to access
data.
Now I've downloaded Centos6 x86_32, I untarred the tarball, and I've set the
environmental variables are listed.
Though if I try the command "tkmedit bert orig.mgz" I get
"/usr/local/freesurfer/tktools/tkmedit.bin: Command not found". I don't know
whether I should try and tweak the Centos6 version, or whether freesurfer will
not run on this OS all together.
I got the impression that this project is still alive. Therefore I'd like to
ask two questions:
1- can you, please, update the download section? FI virtual machine with Ubuntu
10.04, and tarballs and information for Centos6?
2- can you help me with installing this on Centos6?

Kind regards,

Daniël Höhle

Scientific Programmer,
Alan Turing Institute Almere,