Hi Gabor - If you provide the DWI dicoms directly, tracula uses mri_convert to convert them to nifti, and mri_convert doesn't read directions from the header, it looks them up from:
        $FREESURFER_HOME/diffusion/mgh-dti-seqpack/

This should be fine assuming you use the same standard Siemens diffusion protocol that we use at MGH. If you're using anything different than that (including if you concatenate two DWI series into one), then you should set bvecfile, bvalfile, nb0. For more info see:
        http://www.freesurfer.net/fswiki/dmrirc

If you have doubts about your bvecs is you can check the primary eigenvectors from dtifit (dmri/dtifit_V1.nii.gz) to make sure they're pointing the way you'd expect.

Hope this helps,
a.y