Hi Gabriel,

This sounds like a problem with downloading. Are you copying and pasting the content of the scripts rather than downloading? Are you copying from a Windows computer? Gawk is just a replacement for awk with a more permissive license and more features. It is the default in Linux and its explicit use only makes a difference for Mac users, who have to get it from MacPorts or Fink.

Also, the first script should work with bash. The sh can be ash, dash or even other depending on the system, being all with less features than bash itself. Ubuntu uses dash as sh for instance. Perhaps this one may work with any, but this isn't always the case.

All the best!

Anderson