Thank you very much for your help. I am able to see that my curent directory
has a total of 11G and only 1.6G are available.

FreeSurfer:~> df -h .
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1              11G  8.3G  1.6G  85% /

When I try to use the quota command it says "command not found".

Since there is only 1.6G available in my home directory, what can I do to find
a place to save the sample data from the website to use for the tutorials?

By checking the freespace on the rest of the files systems it seems like there
is no place where I can download 100G of data...
FreeSurfer:~> df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1              11G  8.3G  1.6G  85% /
tmpfs                 1.5G     0  1.5G   0% /lib/init/rw
varrun                1.5G  104K  1.5G   1% /var/run
varlock               1.5G     0  1.5G   0% /var/lock
udev                  1.5G  152K  1.5G   1% /dev
tmpfs                 1.5G     0  1.5G   0% /dev/shm
lrm                   1.5G  2.4M  1.5G   1%
/lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/volatile
FreeSurfer:~>

Any ideas of what I can do to change this? Thanks again for your help. I really
appreciate it.

~Rayna~