Aiko,

Per question (1), there will always be slight differences due to the
nature of our algorithms, but the thing to do to convince yourself that
the differences are not significant is to conduct a group analysis
(following the procedures we describe in our tutorials) comparing say
4threads to 8threads.  You shouldnt find statistically different results
in thickness or structure volumes.  Let us know if you do and where.

Nick