Hi Michael

This is a Mac specific problem. You can reduce the number of a priori tracts
used by reducing the entries in the list found in
freesurfer/trctrain/trainlist.txt. On my Mac it works with 26 a priori
tracts.

Cheers
Jürgen

On [DATE], "Michael Scheel" <[ADDRESS]> wrote:

> Dear FS experts, when running tracula I get the following error (see below and
> trac-all.log attached to this mail).
> It seems that memory cannot be allocated but I have a PowerMac with 12 GB RAM
> and I suppose this should be enough.
> Any ideas how I can solve this problem? Thanks, Michael
>
> dmri_train(50487) malloc: *** mmap(size=159744) failed (error code=12)
> *** error: can't allocate region
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> MRIalloc(218, 182, 182): could not allocate 158704 bytes for 14th slice
>
> Cannot allocate memory
> Darwin fslmachine.charite.de 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun  7
> 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
>
> trac-preproc exited with ERRORS at Tue Jun 26 15:12:03 CEST 2012

> contains patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine
> at
> error
> properly
> dispose of the e-mail.

Jürgen Hänggi, Ph.D.
Division Neuropsychology
Institute of Psychology
University of Zurich
Binzmuehlestrasse 14, PO Box 25
8050 Zurich, Switzerland
0041 44 635 73 97 (phone office)
0041 76 445 86 84 (phone mobile)
0041 44 635 74 09 (fax office)
BIN 4.D.04 (office room number)
j.haenggi[at]psychologie.uzh.ch (email)
http://www.psychologie.uzh.ch/neuropsy/ (website)
http://www.juergenhaenggi.ch (private website)

This e-mail (and any attachment/s) contains confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this
e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.