On 07/16/2012 09:30 PM, Meng Li wrote:
> Dear professor,
> Thanks for your reply.
> You said that when drawing conclusions from both hemispheres then I
> need to use .025, but I found that in qdec interface, the default
> value of -cwpvalue is 0.05. So are they inconsistent?
This would be consistent for a single hemisphere, which is all that qdec
analyzes.
> I also want to find a solution about an ERROR.
> I tried to run a cortical thickness analysis to look for differences
> between two groups (patients and controls) with regressing out the
> gender factor, the patients group have 1 female and 17 male, after
> analysis, I got the results. But when I add another continuous
> variable as covariate, I received the message: "ERROR: matrix is
> ill-conditioned or badly scaled." Then I tried to change the gender
> composition the patients groups: 2 female/16 male, and the problem was
> solved. so is it right about what i did, or I need another way to
> solve this problem?
It is probably a bad idea to try to put a subject that is in one group
into another group. In your case, you need more females. You can't have
a single member in a group and have a covariate. You should try to have
balanced groups. With only a single member of a group, you are going to
have problems with power and be susceptible to that one member being an
outlier.

doug

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.