Hi Doug,

We don't want to do ROIs because we're trying to get a thickness map of
the entire subcortical region of the brain.

Prior to trying this, we ran a within subjects paired analysis that gave
us thickness maps of cortical surface. We ran these commands to look at
the thickness maps in each of our two groups:

mris_preproc --target fsaverage1 --hemi lh --meas thickness --out
/cluster/roffman/users/Stable5_PerRun/Analyses_Patients/15_ActiveFolate_PreAndPostPAIRED_Structural/LH/lh.paired-diff.thickness.mgh
--fsgd
/cluster/roffman/users/fsgd/15_ActiveFolate_PreAndPostPAIRED_Structural.fsgd
--paired-diff

mri_glmfit --glmdir lh.paired-diff --y lh.paired-diff.thickness.mgh --fsgd
/cluster/roffman/users/fsgd/15_ActiveFolate_PreAndPostPAIRED_Structural.fsgd
--C /cluster/roffman/users/fsgd/Top_Minus_Bottom.mtx

cd
/cluster/roffman/users/Stable5_PerRun/Analyses_Patients/15_ActiveFolate_PreAndPostPAIRED_Structural/LH

mri_glmfit --glmdir lh.paired-diff.sm05 --y lh.paired-diff.thickness.mgh
--fsgd
/cluster/roffman/users/fsgd/15_ActiveFolate_PreAndPostPAIRED2_Structural.fsgd
–osgm

(and then the same for our second group)

And then we ran these commands to get a thickness map for the interaction
between the two groups:

mris_preproc --target fsaverage1 --hemi lh --meas thickness --out
/cluster/roffman/users/Stable5_PerRun/Analyses_Patients/22_ActiveFolateAndPlacebo_PreAndPostPAIRED_Structural/LH/lh.paired-diff.thickness.mgh
--fsgd
/cluster/roffman/users/fsgd/22_ActiveFolateAndPlacebo_PreAndPostPAIRED_Structural.fsgd
–paired-diff

mri_surf2surf --s fsaverage1 --hemi lh --fwhm 5 --sval
lh.paired-diff.thickness.mgh --tval lh.paired-diff.thickness.sm05.mgh

mri_glmfit --glmdir lh.paired-diff.sm05 --y
lh.paired-diff.thickness.sm05.mgh --fsgd
/cluster/roffman/users/fsgd/22_ActiveFolateAndPlacebo_PreAndPostPAIRED2_Structural.fsgd
--C /cluster/roffman/users/fsgd/Top_Minus_Bottom.mtx

Basically what we're wondering is if there's a way to do the same type of
paired within subjects analyses on the same data that will instead
generate volume thickness maps of the subcortical brain.
I hope this clarifies my question a bit better, and if anyone has any
ideas that'd be great!

Thanks,
Alex