Hi all,

I'd like to jump in on this topic and ask if I might be able to get any general
information or documentation on how the two atlases were generated, as I've
found that using the 2008 GCA file (with FreeSurfer 5.0 stable) results in less
accurate segmentation of putamen and immediately surrounding structures
(relative to the 2011 GCA file) but that using the 2011 version (with
FreeSurfer 5.0 stable) results in markedly less accurate segmentation of the
hippocampus and amygdala.  I can post sample images if you'd like to see.
Since my lab is interested in the volumetric measures for all three of these
structures in one of our datasets, how would you suggest we proceed in the use
of one or the other (or possibly in combination, using the more accurate aseg
stats from one and the more accurate aseg stats from the other, as decided by
visual inspection)?

Thank you!

Warren

--