Hope I explained it better this time.

Cheers,
Zheng Hui

On 11/6/12 2:14 AM, "Douglas N Greve" <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

Hi Zheng, there is something wrong with your math. When I sum up all the
columns in your table from Left-Lateral-Ventricle to CC_Anterior, I get
215952 for the first row (you get only 67548). Can you double check your
calculations?
doug

On 10/28/2012 11:53 PM, Zheng Hui wrote:
Forgot to attach the excel file. Sorry for that.

From: zhenghui <zheng....@duke-nus.edu.sg
Date: Monday, October 29, 2012 11:52 AM
To: Douglas N Greve <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: [Freesurfer] Total cerebral volume.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for replying. But our datasets do showed that
Sum(all structures (after ICV in the list) except ventricle, CSF,
cerebellum and brainstem) is much smaller SubCortGrayVol. The former
is only about 30-40% of the later. We are using FS 5.1.0 without the
SupraTentorialVol fix.I attached the aseg file for your reference (the
last three columns in the sheet).

Thanks,
Zheng Hui

On 10/24/2012 09:01 AM, Zheng Hui wrote:

> Hi freesurfer,
>
> We are trying to calculate the total cerebral volume which excludes
cerebellum, brainstem, ventricle and CSF from the aseg.txt. Do we use

> CortexVol + CorticalWhiteMatterVol + SubCortGrayVol
> Or
> CortexVol + CorticalWhiteMatterVol + Sum(all structures (after ICV in
the list) except ventricle, CSF, cerebellum and brainstem)
This should give very close to the same value. I don't think it makes a
difference.

> Also, I saw Doug's post about the bug fixing for SupraTentorialVol.
To re-run the segstats for longitudinal subjects, any extra step other
than "recon-all –long tpN baseID –segstats" and does it affect any
other structure or just SupraTentorialVol?
It should not affect other structures.
doug

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.