Dear freesurfer users,

I have used freesurfer to segment hippocampal subfields. Then I used freeview
to convert the derived .mgz files in .nii files for further analysis. I
estimated the hippocampal subfields volumes with the command:

kvlQuantifyPosteriorProbabilityImages $ FREESURFER_HOME/ data/ GEMS/
compressionLookupTable.txt  posterior_right_* posterior_Right-Hippocampus.mgz

I have calculated the number of voxels in the converted .nii files using SPM
and realized that they do not fit the estimated volumes through freesurfer
Example

for CA2-2
estimated voxel number though freesurfer:   6851
voxels found in .nii file: 15812

Did somebody had similar problems? Do you have any suggestion? Are there any
incompatibilities between SPM and freesurfer? I did not find any apparent error
in my counting script.
Thank you very much and regards,

Lorenzo Pasquini

Can. Ph. D., Medical Life Science and Technology (Technische Universität
Muenchen)

Neuroimaging Lab, Neuroradiology

Klinikum r. d. Isar (Technische Universität)

81675
 München

Tel.: 0049 (0) 89 4140-7666