Hi Antonella,
The volume given by the hippocampal subfield tool is in .5x.5x.5 voxels.
Therefore, to convert to cubic millimeters, you need to divide by 8.
Regarding the sufield <-> A/P question, the only correpondance is
"Left-Hippocampus" <-> left tail and "Right-Hippocampus"<->right tail
Cheers,
/Eugenio

On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 08:22 -0800, Antonella Kis wrote:
> Dear FS team,
>

> I would like to know which subfield ( left_presubiculum,   left_CA1,
> left_CA2-3,   left_fimbria,   left_subiculum,   left_CA4-DG,
> left_hippocampal_fissure) contribute to the head, body and  tail of
> left  hippocampus.
>

> It also seems that the first column of nonPartialVolumeStatsLeft.txt
> file contains the total volume of the left hippoccampus but based on
> the numbers (I copied them below)  the total volume is smaller than
> the volume of some of teh subfileds. How this is possible?
>

> volume_in_number_of_voxels  Left-Hippocampus   left_presubiculum
> left_CA1   left_CA2-3   left_fimbria   left_subiculum left_CA4-DG
> left_hippocampal_fissure
>         C23    1681.2    2564.29    1405.07    3814.14    211.792
> 2983.06    2118.63    422.786
>

> Thank you.
> Antonella

Juan Eugenio Iglesias, PhD
http://www.jeiglesias.com
igles...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Department of Radiology, MGH, Harvard Medical School
149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
Charlestown, Massachusetts 2129
U.S.A.