Hello,

I'm relatively new to Freesurfer so chances are that this is a pretty basic
error on my side but here goes anyhow.
I'm trying to use mri_vol2surf for surface-based smoothing of functional MRI
data. I would then like to extract time courses from the surface with spm
functions by converting the surface to a volume again with mri_surf2vol.

Specifically the commands I'm using are:
bbregister --s subject0016 --mov volume0001.nii.gz --reg epi2T1.dat --init-spm
--bold
mri_vol2surf --mov volume0001.nii.gz --reg epi2T1.dat --surf-fwhm 8 --hemi lh
--projdist-avg 0 1 0.1 --o ./volume0001Surf_lh.w --out_type paint
mri_surf2vol --surfval volume0001Surf_lh.w paint --hemi lh --projfrac 0.5 --reg
epi2T1.dat --o volume0001Surf2Vol_lh.nii --template volume0001.nii.gz

Registration looks allright with tkregister2. I'm only using one volume
(volume0001.nii.gz) to test this set of commands. However if I now view
volume0001Surf2Vol_lh.nii in fslview, it shows the hemisphere on the right. I'm
pretty sure that this is actually the left hemisphere but now flipped. I wonder
how this can be solved.

All the best,
Hubert