Hi Inge, below is a way to do this. But you should only use this for
overlay and not try to do statistics on the results because the results
will be biased because you've done something to the LH that you have not
done to the RH. You will need two new programs (mris_left_right_register
and mris_apply_reg) which I have put here:

ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/mris_left_right_register.centos5
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/mris_apply_reg.centos5

Those are versions for cenos5; let me know if you need a different platorm.
mris_left_right_register may take an hour or so to run.

doug

cd $SUBJECTS_DIR/fsaverage/surf
mris_curvature -thresh .999 -n -a 5 -w -distances 10 10 lh.inflated
mris_curvature -thresh .999 -n -a 5 -w -distances 10 10 rh.inflated

mris_left_right_register lh.sphere rh.sphere lh.sphere.left_right
rh.sphere.left_right
mris_apply_reg --src lh.yourfile.mgh --trg rh.lh.yourfile.mgh --stfreg

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center

FileDrop: www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html