Hi Maia - It would still be probabilistic global tracrography, you'd just
run it without anatomical priors since you don't have any prior knowledge
of what areas your pathway goes through.

For each subject you'd need to define the two end ROIs of the pathway and
(this is the trickier part) an initial guess for the pathway (a few
control points on an imaginary curve that connects the two end ROIs). Is
that easy to get for each subject? You could possibly pick the control
points in MNI space and then map them back to each individual, if they
align well.

You'd then run the dmri_paths command. Run it without any arguments and
ignore anything other than the "basic inputs" section of the help. It's
not particularly well-documented, since typically it's run through
trac-all.

Hopefully this can get you started, let me know if you more questions.

a.y