Hi FreeSurfer folks,
we are about to process about 120 images with FS v5.1 and stand in front of a decision whether to do manual intervention or use the results from fully-automated FS run.

We intend to use the volume, thickness, area, curvature measures of subcortical and cortical regions and were hoping to receive some advice on this dilemma: /to edit / or/not to edit/?

Our data is decent quality, of healthy children (6-9 years old) and adults, acquired on 3T GE scanner, FSPGR sequence, with TI=400ms, TR=8.5ms, TE=3.4ms, flip angle=15deg, resolution 0.86 x 0.86 x 1.2mm, one scan per subject.

I understand that visual inspection of the results is necessary in either case. If there were gross errors detected, would you advise to exclude the subject from analysis or rather do manual editing on these subjects that need it?

Any and all thoughts or comments that could help us with the decision are most appreciated!

Thank you!
Miro Drahos
http://brainlens.org