Hi NIck,

I too thought disk space might be an issue, however I''ve been running the
recon-all from a mounted partition (shared folder in Virtualbox) that has
plenty of space:

*FreeSurfer:~> df -h
/dev/sda1              11G  9.8G     0 100% /
tmpfs                 755M     0  755M   0% /lib/init/rw
varrun                755M  104K  754M   1% /var/run
varlock               755M     0  755M   0% /var/lock
udev                  755M  152K  754M   1% /dev
tmpfs                 755M     0  755M   0% /dev/shm
lrm                   755M  2.4M  752M   1%
/lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/volatile
overflow              1.0M   12K 1012K   2% /tmp
Dell                  173G  106G   68G  62% /media/Dell*

The list of commands I ran were:
*sudo mount -t vboxsf Dell /media/Dell
setenv SUBJECTS_DIR /media/Dell/_FS/buckner_data/tutorial_subjs
recon-all -s bert -all*

THis is because running it from the home (default) partition was not
possible, as it has 0 KB free space, and the discussion
<https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53861&p=247343>with
Virtualbox support, where I asked how to increase it, has not been very
helpful.

Tudor