Hi Yolanda,

actually it is advantageous if the template is build from more time
points. You don't need to process the images again, just do your
statistical analysis with the time points you are interested in.

But: why restrict the statistics to a subset of the data? If you are
interested in yearly change, you can compute that from all time points.
If you are interested in seeing if the atrophy rate increases over time,
use a piecewise linear model (node at 6 months) and see if the slopes
increase, etc. Removing time points from the statistics is usually a bad
idea as you loose power.

Best, Martin

On 03/18/2013 01:15 PM, Yolanda Vives wrote:
> Dear FreeSurfer experts,
>
> I have run a longitudinal study considering multiple time points (7
> scans/subject on average) with FS 5.1. However, I am interested in the
> percent changes between two time points only (between 0 and 6 months
> and between 0 and 1 year). Should I run the longitudinal stream from
> step 2 (template) two more times (1.- considering only 0 and 6 months
> scans and 2.- considering only 0 and 12 months scans) or is it correct
> even if my templates were built with all the time scans together?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Yolanda

Dr. Martin Reuter
Assistant in Neuroscience - Massachusetts General Hospital
Instructor in Neurology   - Harvard Medical School
MGH / HMS / MIT

A.A.Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
Charlestown, MA 02129

Phone: +1-617-724-5652
Email: