On 03/21/2013 01:11 PM, Laura M. Tully wrote:
> yes the input is area - so to clarify, in order to get the average
> area for each subject in that cluster I would multiply each subject's
> values in the xxx.ocn.y.dat file by the number of vertices in the
> cluster (denoted as NVtxs in the cluster summary?) e.g. 0.761374 * 998
> = 759.85mmsq?
Yes, correct

> Does the same hold for the y values in a thickness analysis, i.e. when
> thickness is the input, does each value in the xxx.ocn.y.dat file
> (e.g. 2.54) represent the average thickness of each vertex and so I
> must multiply that by the number of vertices to get the average
> thickness for each subject for that cluster?
No, you probably just want to report the average thickness, not the sum
of the thicknesses within the cluster

> I'm using 5.1.0 - I have no idea if I have the patch for area and
> volume analyses because I run all my analyses remotely on the harvard
> imaging server (ncf) - how would I know? And what are the bugs in
> area/volume analyses in 5.1.0(how could I detect them)?
You will need a new version of mris_preproc which you can get from here:
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/mris_preproc
You can compare this version against the one you have. If they are
different, then copy this version into $FREESURFER_HOME/bin. If you are
using QDEC, then rerun qcache (recon-all -qcache ...). If you are using
the command-line stream, re-run it starting at mris_preproc.

doug

> [...]
>         <tel:617-726-7422>>
>
>             Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
>         <http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting>
>             <http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting>
>             FileDrop:
>         www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
>         <http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html>
>             <http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html>
>
>             Outgoing:
>         ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/

>             The information in this e-mail is intended only for the
>         person to
>             whom it is
>             addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in
>         error and
>             the e-mail
>             contains patient information, please contact the Partners
>             Compliance HelpLine at
>         http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to
>             you in error
>             but does not contain patient information, please contact the
>             sender and properly
>             dispose of the e-mail.
>

>         --
>         --
>         Laura M. Tully, MA
>         Social Neuroscience & Psychopathology, Harvard University
>         Center for the Assessment and Prevention of Prodromal States,
>         UCLA Semel Institute of Neuroscience
>         ltu...@mednet.ucla.edu <mailto:ltu...@mednet.ucla.edu>
>         <mailto:ltu...@mednet.ucla.edu <mailto:ltu...@mednet.ucla.edu>>
>         ltu...@fas.harvard.edu <mailto:ltu...@fas.harvard.edu>
>         <mailto:ltu...@fas.harvard.edu <mailto:ltu...@fas.harvard.edu>>
>         310-267-0170 <tel:310-267-0170>
>         --
>         My musings as a young clinical scientist:
>         http://theclinicalbrain.blogspot.com/
>         Follow me on Twitter: @tully_laura
>

>     --
>     Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
>     MGH-NMR Center
>     gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu <mailto:gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
>     Phone Number: 617-724-2358 <tel:617-724-2358>
>     Fax: 617-726-7422 <tel:617-726-7422>
>
>     Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
>     <http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting>
>     FileDrop: www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html
>     <http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html>
>     Outgoing:
>     ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/
>

> --
> --
> Laura M. Tully, MA
> Social Neuroscience & Psychopathology, Harvard University
> Center for the Assessment and Prevention of Prodromal States, UCLA
> Semel Institute of Neuroscience
> ltu...@mednet.ucla.edu <mailto:ltu...@mednet.ucla.edu>
> ltu...@fas.harvard.edu <mailto:ltu...@fas.harvard.edu>
> 310-267-0170
> --
> My musings as a young clinical scientist:

gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Phone Number: 617-724-2358
Fax: 617-726-7422

FileDrop: www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html