Hi Sal,

1. I have no experience with the sun grid engine, perhaps someone else on
   the list can help with that.

2. The -bedp step needs the outputs from the -corr and -masks steps. The
   -path step needs the outputs from the -bedp step. The output files from
   each part are listed here:
   http://www.freesurfer.net/fswiki/trac-all#Outputdirectoriesandfiles

3. Checking the aparc+aseg should be enough for tracula purposes as well,
   since that's the freesurfer output that tracula uses. Keep in mind that
   DWI resolution is usually lower than T1 resolution, so tiny changes in
   the aparc+aseg might not affect tracula at all.

4. Yes, I do recommend using bbregister. It's not surprising that it would
   give better results since it uses the additional information of the
   surfaces. If I remember correctly, Doug didn't manage to replicate your
   bbregister error, right? I'd check if you get the same error with the
   5.1 version of bbregister.

Hope this helps,
a.y