Hi Eleonora,

the easiest way to do this is to create a label of the electrodes, then
use mri_label2label to map them to the nearest pial vertices. This
ability to map volume labels to nearest surface vertices is broken in
the current version. I've fixed this and put a new version here:

ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/mri_label2label

Run it with --help and use Example 4.
doug

On 04/02/2013 08:19 AM, Eleonora Maggioni wrote:
> Hi Freesurfer experts,
> I am new to FreeSurfer and I have a question.
> I have markers of EEG electrodes on the T1 image of a subject and I
> want to project them from the scalp to his pial surface (that I
> reconstructed using the standard procedure).
> To do so, I manually selected the central point of each marker in
> tkmedit and I defined a control point. Then I red that control point
> with tksurfer on the corresponding pial surface. This should be the
> projection to the pial surface: is this procedure correct? If yes, in
> which coordinate system is the projection made?
> Thank you in advance,
> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Eleonora Maggioni