Hi Anupa

it's pretty hard to figure anything out from your images. What is wrong with using the cutting plane tool? You specify 3 points to define the plane, then a 4th to specify which side you want to keep
On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Anupa AV wrote:

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Anupa AV <av.an...@yahoo.com>
To: Bruce Fischl <fis...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] Making cuts using tksurfer

Dear Sir,

As you recommended, I have made a cut using plane option. Kindly see the
attachment.
My research interst is to make a coronal cut.
I've done it by merging the standard FreeSurfer parcellation labels of the
superior frontal gyrus, the rostral middle frontal gyrus and caudal
middle frontal gyrus (after loading DKatlas).
Then I cut the merged merged region using cut plane option.
Now I want to make a coronal cut at Talairach coordinate y=26(say), so as to
seperate dorsolateral prefrontal cortex from premotor cortex.

Can you please tell me how to make a coronal cut at y=26?

Thanks in advance for your response.