Hi Fred, why do you want to save it as a wfile? We're trying to phase wfiles out. Can you use mgh format?
doug

On 4/15/13 12:56 PM, Fred Dick wrote:
Hey again

sorry, I seem not to be able to accomplish this very simple thing!

First wrote out mask as .w file using vol2surf, but mri_cor2label couldn't read ('mri_read(): couldn't determine type of file ./rh.R2MaskBrain.w').

Then tried writing out as curv using the following command:

mri_vol2surf --mov R2MaskBrain.nii.gz --reg register.dat --hemi $hemi --interp nearest --o ./$hemi.R2MaskBrain --out_type curv --projfrac 0.5

and got this error,

Writing to ./lh.R2MaskBrain
Dim: 152308 1 1
MRIwriteType(): code inconsistency (file type recognized but not caught)
ERROR: saving ./lh.R2MaskBrain

Bug, or user stupidity???

cheers,
Fred