Veronica,

Can you send me the recon-all.log?  The one where it is getting hung
when you run this:

recon-all -autorecon3 -subjid ${SUBJ_ID} -FLAIR $FLAIRFILE -FLAIRpial

this should work, by importing the flair and then re-running the surface
creation code, but perhaps there is a dependency bug that was missed.

Nick