Hi Marcos,
the hippocampal subfield volumes are single values for each subject and
hemisphere, so you cannot display them on the brain surface.
Cheers,
/Eugenio

On Thu, May 16, 2013 6:22 pm, Marcos Martins da Silva wrote:

> Hi, Doug
> Thank you for your answer.
> Well I guess that after I read your both tutorials for group analysis
> (http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/GroupAnalysis  and
> http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/FsTutorial/QdecGroupAnalysis )
> I mistook the concepts of qdec.table.dat and FSGD. My fault.
>
> Following the QDEC tutorial I saw we could import aseg data to
> qdec.table.dat after pressing "generate stats data tables" button. So I
> was wondering if I could do the same from hippo-subfields data.
> Importing is faster and more precise than make the table by hand.
>
> Well the hippo-subfield pipeline creates several files such as
> posterior_left_subiculum.mgz on for each subfield and side. As far as I
> know you can:
> 1- run kvlQuantifyPosteriorProbabilityImages to output the volume in
> voxels
> 2- visualize the subfield segmentations with freeview loading nu.mgz and
> the posterior* files as p-labels.
>
> Following QDEC tutorial we could generate a display showing the
> correlation between cortical thickness (or volume) and age for example.
> I would like to a similar analysis with hippo-subfields and get a
> display showing the correlations of the hippo-subfields and age. So,
> just for an example, perhaps I could notice that subiculum volume
> decreases with age but hippocampal fissure increases with age.
>
> I guess I could analyze  the data from hippo-subfields in a statistical
> package to get numbers and graphics but it would be great if I could see
> that as a surface like we do with cortical data.
> Cheers,
> Marcos
> Em Qui, 2013-05-16 às 11:56 -0400, Douglas N Greve escreveu:
>
>> Hi Marcos,
>>

>> On 05/15/2013 08:32 PM, Marcos Martins da Silva wrote:
>> > Hi, freesurfers
>> > I have two questions:
>> > 1- Is there a way to use QDEC to analyze data from hippocampal
>> > subfields created by recon-all -s subj -hippo-subfields? That is, I
>> > know I can manually put data from posterior* files when making the
>> > FSGD file but it would be great if I could import it like I do from
>> > aseg.stats.
>> when you say you want analyze the hippo subfields in QDEC, do you mean
>> you want to include them as regressors?If so, you will need to add them
>> to your QDEC table. BTW, QDEC does not needan FSGD file.
>> >
>> > 2- Assuming all data from my subjects are already are already in the
>> > FSGD, I understand I can select cortical thickness or volume as
>> > dependent variable and inspect the correlations between cortical
>> > thickness and age, for example. But I could not find how to define a
>> > hippocampal subfield volume as a dependent variable. Is that possible?
>> > This way I could display correlations between a subfield volume and
>> > age or gender.
>> I have not used the hippo subfields yet, and I'm embarrassed to say that
> [...]

Juan Eugenio Iglesias, PhD
http://www.jeiglesias.com
igles...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
Charlestown, Massachusetts 2129
U.S.A.