prevent this from happening. Does this happen if you use the native
(binary) format? How many faces intersect?

Bruce

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 yasheng_chen at med.unc.edu
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using tetgen to construct a tetrahedral mesh with the extracted pial
surface in subject 004 from the tutorial datasets.  But I got an error
message from tetgen to say that some triangles are intersecting each
other.  I am not sure whether anyone has found this before. The file I
tested was 004/lh.pial.  I first transferred it to asc format with
mris_convert, and then make a straightforward transfer to .off (used by
tetgen and geomview).  I loaded the .off file with geomview and it looks
right.  Then I run tetgen with the .off file and got an error message like
below, which means that there are intersections among the facets.

> Error:  Invalid PLC.
>   Two subfaces (219028, 5283, 5282) and (219054, 5300, 5283)
>   are found intersecting each other.
>   Hint:  Use -d switch to find all intersecting facets.
>
> This is a little strange to me since the topology issue has been handled in
the reconstructed surface, does any one have any clue?