hi
  i send you the rawavg.mgz of the subject with the massive artefact. i inform
you that i proceeded differently by splitting the recon-all -all into three
steps (as in freesurfer wiki) : (1) recon-all -autorecon1, (2) recon-all
-autorecon2 (3)  recon-all -autorecon3. i just finished with the first step
which still didn't work for some subjects so i deleted then in my SUBJECTS_DIR
then i run "recon-all -i" to regenerate them. after that i re-run "recon-all
-autorecon1" and it worked even for the subject with the artefacted rawavg.mgz
i am sending you.

   i noticed also that some extra cerebral structures like dura is not fully
removed after the skullstripping step, and i reviewed some of my previous
datasets i processed with freesurfer and i noticed that the cortical
 ribbon (containing the cortical parcellation) fits well the gray matter. so is
a wise idea to not bother a lot about these "some" extra cerebral structures
left and just go forward with the rest of the recon-all pipeline (but of course
i'll take a look a posteriori).

Thanks