Dear Douglas,

thank you for your reply.

> Hi,
> I have two questions:
> 1.
> I have created specific surfaces in fsaverage rh for each of my 20
> subjects. (xy.mgh)
> I'd like to run statistical analysis within the common surface area
> which is included in all subjects.
> Therefore I wonder how to combine those surfaces.
> My idea would be to add all surfaces and threshold the resulting
> surface by 20 ==> giving a final surface common to all of them.
I don't understand what you mean. What are you thresholding? The thickness?

No, to make it clear. Surfaces will include data derived from FSL fiber
tracking to investigate the structural connectivity of this specific surface
("brain area"). So the actual surface is just a binary (1) "mask". I'd like
to know the common "core" surface hence the surface common to all 20
subjects.
How can I calculate this final surface whose area can be found in all 20
subjects. It's just about the localization of the surface. It's about where
this surface is located in all subjects.
I just thought to add all surfaces with their 1s in ther vertices and see
where I get 20. I hope this makes it clearer.

> 2.
> How can I limit mri_glmfit to this final surface to run the
> statistical analysis only in this area, not in all of the hemisphere?
You can run mri_glmfit with a --mask option to select only the voxels
you want to use

mri_glmfit will be conducted based on the surface. so as --mask, I can use
the finalmask.mhg?

Thank you!

doug

--
Pflichtangaben gemäß Gesetz über elektronische Handelsregister und
Genossenschaftsregister sowie das Unternehmensregister (EHUG):

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts;
Gerichtsstand: Hamburg

Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Martin Zeitz (Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe
Koch-Gromus, Astrid Lurati (Kommissarisch), Joachim Prölß, Matthias Waldmann
(Kommissarisch)

Bitte erwägen Sie, ob diese Mail ausgedruckt werden muss - der Umwelt zuliebe.

Please consider whether this mail must be printed - please think of the
environment.