Hi Chris,

this is a good question for the list (cc'ed), others may or will have
the same problem.

The problem is with your table file, specifically the new line
character. DOS uses \r\n , Mac \r and Linux \n.
Your text file uses \r, so it probably was created on a mac.

The problem is that the "cat" command (at least in linux) does not work
on your file:
cat long.qdec.table.dat is empty

You can convert the \r to \n (linux format):
  tr '\r' '\n' < long.qdec.table.dat > long2.qdec.table.dat

and then should be able to run the preproc command.

People with DOS formats should not run the above "tr' command as they
will end up with 2 newlines instead of 1. Maybe DOS txt files work with
'cat' directly (so there is no need)? If anyone on the list knows a good
way of cat and awk a file independently of the new line (and working on
all OS), let me know. This is the command I use:

cat $fsgdf | awk '{if ($1 != "fsid" && substr($1,0,1) != "#")
printf("%s.long.%s\n", $1, $2)}'

to generate the subjects id's from the table's first two columns.

Best, Martin

--
Martin Reuter, Ph.D.
Assistant in Neuroscience - Massachusetts General Hospital

A.A.Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 Thirteenth Street, Suite 2301
Charlestown, MA 02129

Phone: +1-617-724-5652
Email: