hey doug,

fslregister already uses flirt.fsl from freesurfer. you only need to
provide the schedule file and update the path. i just ran it copying the
schedule file over from fsl to a new location and setting the environment
variable FSLDIR, which i presume could be replaced with FREESURFER_HOME.
things ran fine to completion.

cheers,

satra