Hi Rebecca, this is intentional. The whole brain is divided up into left cortical hemi, right hemi, and subcortical structures. the MNI305 is only supposed to handle the subcortical structures. If you want a brain volume with cortical and subcortical, you can use vlrmerge to merge the volume, lh, and rh into one volume. Alternatvely, you can run preproc-sess with the -no-subcort-mask and it will not mask the mni305 results

doug