Hello Lilla,
 thank you the clarifications. I managed to get mri_vol2vol running, but I
have one remaining obstacle - when I use the CVS template as target volume,
the EPIs get resampled to 1mm isotropic voxels. I need to get a 3x3x3mm
resolution. I tried to use mri_convert -vs 3 3 3 norm.mgz norm333.mgz on
the template and then use norm333.mgz in the mri_vol2vol commandline
(mri_vol2vol --targ
/home/marcel/freesurfer/subjects/cvs_avg35_inMNI152/mri/norm333.mgz --m3z
final_CVSmorph_tocvs_avg35_inMNI152.m3z --noDefM3zPath --reg
register.dof6.dat --mov onevol.nii.gz --o fmri_cvs333.nii.gz), but the
fmri_cvs333.nii.gz volume produced by this command is empty. One option is
to resample the normalized EPI in CVS template space, but interpolating the
image twice is not a very good idea... Can you think of any solutions to
this issue?

Best regards,
 Marcel