chmod (as many other linux/unix commands) do not return anything except
eventual errors.

Try './optseq2 --help' when you are in the optseq dierctory. Else write the
full path before optseq2.

Pål

Pål G. Larsson M.D., Dr. philos.
Head of Clinical Neurophysiology
Department of Neurosurgery
Division of Surgery and Clinical Neuroscience

Oslo University Hospital
Po.box 4950 Nydalen
0424 Oslo
Norway