Thank you Zeke. I am trying to run freeview remotely and display locally on
a machine (using Xming). The computer from which I am connecting can
successfully run freeview from a different ubuntu 13 machine (one which
does not have a cuda graphics card / cuda drivers). When I run glxgears
(required me to install mesa-utils), for the NV-GLX missing on display
localhost:10.0. A window did popup via xming, but it was black. While it
was up the remote machien kept listing x frames in y seconds = z fps

The machine did have cuda 5.0 working with the nvidia 319  linux driver, so
freesurfer could be gpu accerlated. Any suggestions on how to fix this
would be great.

A similar problem I would like to run by you is regarding the local display
on the other ubunut machine I mentioned above. I can connect to this other
machien remotely and run freeview, however if I actually use the local
monitor attached to the machine, the frreeview window comes up, but in
place of imaging data or black, it shows a kind of tie-dye color pattern.
The rest of the screen is normal ubuntu, but the freeview window has
problems. This other machine has an nivida card that predates cuda (and so
no cuda drivers are installed). Any suggestions on how to fix this problem
would also be a great help.

Best wishes,

Sal

--
Salil Soman, MD, MS
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Stanford Radiological Sciences Laboratory