Hi Lars - Just like you have to do before you run any freesurfer programs,
you'll have to run a script that comes with freesurfer and sets up all the
necessary environment variables. See:
        http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/SetupConfiguration

Hope this helps,
a.y

PS: Please send emails about tracula usage to the freesurfer list (cc'd
here) and not to me personally. This makes sure the answers get archived
so that people can search for answers to common questions. Thanks!